How do we do it?
'None of us lacks the vision for peace, what we often lack is the first step in action,' says Yukika Sohma, Japan, Pioneer of an NGO to care for refugees. Creators of Peace action includes:
- Creating a transformative space for interpersonal, interethnic and inter-religious dialogues based on the sharing of personal experience and information in a variety of forums, around conference tables, boardroom tables and kitchen tables.
- Workshops for moral and spiritual capacity building to explore the dynamic of a change of heart.
- The practice of deep reflection or listening to the inner voice of truth, or God, as a source of direction.
- Promotion of Peace Circles – small, localized community gatherings of women who together work through material especially designed to deepen their friendship and understanding of each other and their peace creating capabilities. One aim of these Peace Circles is to identify issues in the community with a potential for conflict and then resolve to take common action.
- Locally based initiatives that bring people together in community building activities.