Choose an area of interest
Tell me about Coming events!
Spread the word!
- The British Government’s current position on Israel and Palestine: Archaeology
- British Government’s Current Position: Education of Israeli & Palestinian children
- British Government’s Current Position: Trade with Israel
- British Government’s Current Position: Unemployment in Gaza
- British Government’s Current Position: State of health services in Gaza
- British Government’s Current Position: Gaza
Tag Archives: 1918
By James Rodgers Rare photograph of the formal transfer of Jerusalem to British rule. For those of us of an age to have known only peace in Western Europe,the centenary of the end of World War I is a an … Read more here ➔
The seeds of 100 years of conflict Britain, the Arabs and the Jews, 1914 – 1918 2014 – 2018: Britain’s opportunity to acknowledge. In 2014, the centenary of the Great War will be marked in a variety of ways right … Read more here ➔
See also Contradictory Promises by Dr Peter Shambrook where these promises are explored in more detail. 1915 The McMahon-Hussein Correspondence, • In 1915 Britain promised the Arabs that after the war they would be granted independence in their lands, in … Read more here ➔
Below is a part of a preface to the publication of the King-Crane Commission Report, published in Editor & Publisher, V.55, No. 27, 2nd Section, December 2, 1922. This is followed by their recommendations on Syria and particularly Zionism. The … Read more here ➔
Anthony Nutting resigned from Anthony Eden’s cabinet when he found Eden was going into Suez. Writing around 1975, he reflects on Doreen Ingrams book “The Palestine Papers: 1917-1922: Seeds of Conflict”. The papers in this book made clear that during … Read more here ➔