Tell me about Coming events!
Spread the word!
Choose an area of interest
- Evaluating the Balfour Declaration: Breaking the Deadlock in the Middle East
- Parallel Histories videos
- The Forgotten History of the Jewish, Anti-Zionist Left
- ‘History will judge us’ — Have progressive UK rabbis reached end of the road on Israel?
- Tim Llewellyn on The Crafting of the News: the British media and the Israel-Palestine Question
- MPs say no to annexation plans
Tag Archives: Jew
By Ian Portman Abstract Faced with increasing antisemitism in Europe towards the end of the 19th century, many Jews chose to join the great waves of European emigration to the United States. Since the high middle ages, most of the … Read more here ➔
The American Magazine November, 1947 Summary This appeal to the American people, written by King Abdullah, son of Sharif Hussein and grandfather of the current King of Jordan, appeared in the United States six months before the 1948 Arab-Israeli War. … Read more here ➔
Memorandum of Edwin Montagu on the Anti-Semitism of the Present (British) Government – Submitted to the British Cabinet, August, 1917 I have chosen the above title for this memorandum, not in any hostile sense, not by any means as quarrelling … Read more here ➔
Anthony Ashley – Cooper, 7th Earl of Shaftesbury, 1801-1885.  After a lonely, loveless childhood, when, like many earlier members of the British aristocracy, the only affection the growing child received came from his nanny, Shaftesbury was elected as … Read more here ➔