A central contributor to the Keys: a Troubled Inheritance podcast the Balfour Project is running (series two picks up in spring, 2024) is Sami Abu Salem. He is the Gazan journalist who contributes the Palestinian side of the story to Mike Joseph‘s journal of his Jewish family’s journey from Nazi persecution to Palestine, Gaza and the Nakba. Sami’s parents were among the hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refugees from that 1948 catastrophe: now, in mid-series, memory is cruelly smashed aside as Sami and his family find history recycled, and themselves fleeing the bltizkrieg of yet another Zionist military assault—though this time there is no escape from the bombs and rockets. This podcast is Sami’s journal of the unremitting horrors of Gaza since 7 October, presented by Mike.
- We must work with the US to stop a massacre in Rafah
- After 7 Oct: Israel’s search for victory: a personal statement on the war
- The Hamas narrative of 7 Oct, and the impossibility of ignoring it
- WEBINAR: How to turn the tragedy into a strategic opportunity with Nadav Tamir, Executive Director of J Street Israel
- Destruction of Gaza’s health system: need to restore hope with Dr Nick Maynard
- Injustice to the defenceless: the plight of Palestinian children in Israeli military detention.
- The West is siding with Israel in its long war against the UN refugee agency
- BBC News – UK considering recognising Palestine state, Lord Cameron says
- Helen Clark urges UNRWA donors to immediately resume funding
- British Government suspension of future funding for UNRWA