Choose an area of interest
Sign up to our mailing list
Spread the word!
- Jerusalem: from Past Divisions to a Shared Future?
- Palestinian Christian leaders criticise Israel-UAE agreement
- Palestinian clergy: ‘Annexation could be the final straw for a viable Christian presence in Palestine’
- Palestine: 1947 escape from British prison exposed as inside job
- Unseen question? Zionism and the Palestinians under the British Mandate
- Illusions and Delusions about Peace in the Middle East
Tag Archives: 1916
The seeds of 100 years of conflict Britain, the Arabs and the Jews, 1914 – 1918 2014 – 2018: Britain’s opportunity to acknowledge. In 2014, the centenary of the Great War will be marked in a variety of ways right … Read more here ➔
A History of the First World War in 100 Moments: A desert uprising that began in hope but was doomed to end in betrayal
Robert Fisk on the moment the Arabs, trusting in British good faith, turned on their Turkish rulers The Arab Revolt is all about the Arab Betrayal. The blowing up of Turkish trains, the capture of Aqaba, the camel charges and … Read more here ➔
See also Contradictory Promises by Dr Peter Shambrook where these promises are explored in more detail. 1915 The McMahon-Hussein Correspondence, • In 1915 Britain promised the Arabs that after the war they would be granted independence in their lands, in … Read more here ➔
Below is a part of a preface to the publication of the King-Crane Commission Report, published in Editor & Publisher, V.55, No. 27, 2nd Section, December 2, 1922. This is followed by their recommendations on Syria and particularly Zionism. The … Read more here ➔
Anthony Nutting resigned from Anthony Eden’s cabinet when he found Eden was going into Suez. Writing around 1975, he reflects on Doreen Ingrams book “The Palestine Papers: 1917-1922: Seeds of Conflict”. The papers in this book made clear that during … Read more here ➔